Friday, April 15, 2011

Tweeting

My tweet was not noteworthy, but I tweeted.  And I don't expect I will again in the near future.  But it was interesting to see some of my facebook friends there, and realize that their fb status updates are also tweets -- I hadn't thought about how all these networking things fit together.  So now I get that I think.  I also wondered why people I wasn't following on twitter showed up in the stream of tweets on my page.  That's when I learned about retweeting.  And I was also surprised some of the tweeters refer back to their webpages, which is actually where their context is.  So you don't actually get much that's useful on twitter in those cases.  Yes, I was aware of the 140 character limit, but I thought that people would then be clever enough to use Twitter well as a standalone medium.  Anyway, pretty easy to do all this, but will I login to twitter, igoogle, etc every day to get my fix of largely peripheral information?  Probably not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment